Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How to Write a Short Mother's Day Poem?

If you want to express your deep love and appreciation on mother's day try writing a short mother's day poem.

This is how poetry is defined:

First a composition in verse, esp. one that is characterized by a highly developed art form and use of language and rhythm to express an increased intense imaginative interpretation of the subject.

Second composition, which, though not in verse, is marked by the great beauty of language or expression: a prose poem of the Bible, a symphonic poem


***mothers day poem5***

Mother ~ by Roger J. Robicheau

mothers day poems 5

A Mother’s love, is sure to find
A way to comfort, ease your mind

She knows just how, to build you up
When you’re so down, and can’t look up

You love the way, she makes you feel
Like you’re so special, her ideal

Her thought must start, with God above
To bring such caring, with such love

And as it flows, like gentle rain
It surely helps, when troubles pain

The love from mine, is oh so clear
I only wish, she was still here

Her warming glow, is missed each day
Even though, I seldom say

But she did leave, her gift behind
To help me through, when I may pine

And that’s the feel, known deep inside
Her faith and love, I still confide


***mothers day poem6***

A Mother Waits by Roger J. Robicheau

mothers day poems 6

A soldier leaves, a mother waits
Do understand what love creates

Tremendous pride, a want to see
The best troop in all history

She knows she must stay very strong
For that kid who used to tagalong

To God she prays from day to day
To guide her child in every way

How special is this bond that ties
A mother and her precious prize

Look in her heart, you’ll see pure love
Look in her soul, there’s God above

The hope she holds is bigger than
The biggest ocean known to man

God blessed me with the very best
My Mother's now with Him at rest


***mothers day poem7***

A Mother's Kiss ~ by Frances E. W. Harper

mothers day poems 7

My mother's kiss, my mother's kiss,
I feel its impress now;
As in the bright and happy days
She pressed it on my brow.

You say it is a fancied thing
Within my memory fraught;
To me it has a sacred place--
The treasure house of thought.

Again, I feel her fingers glide
Amid my clustering hair;
I see the love-light in her eyes,
When all my life was fair.

Again, I hear her gentle voice
In warning or in love.
How precious was the faith that taught
My soul of things above.

The music of her voice is stilled,
Her lips are paled in death.
As precious pearls I'll clasp her words
Until my latest breath.

The world has scattered round my path
Honor and wealth and fame;
But naught so precious as the thoughts
That gather round her name.

And friends have placed upon my brow
The laurels of renown;
But she first taught me how to wear
My manhood as a crown.

My hair is silvered o'er with age,
I'm longing to depart;
To clasp again my mother's hand,
And be a child at heart.

To roam with her the glory-land
Where saints and angels greet;
To cast our crowns with songs of love
At our Redeemer's feet.


***mothers day poem8***

Mother's Love ~ by Author Unknown

mothers day poems 8

Her love is like
an island in life's ocean,
vast and wide
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the wind, the rain, the tide.
'Tis bound on the north by Hope,
By Patience on the West,
By tender Counsel on the South
And on the East by Rest.
Above it like a beacon light
Shine Faith, and Truth, and Prayer;
And thro' the changing scenes of life
I find a haven there.


Can see more: mothers day poems

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home